I am going to be transparent with you – having a blog does not make me an expert. I do not have a perfect life, know everything, or have it all figured out. I do not subscribe to the mindset that sharing the handful of things I have figured out puts me on some sort of ‘winning at life’ pedestal.
My goal with this blog is to share the things I do know (or have learned) in a realistic, relatable, and digestible way. Very little of the information I present is ‘new ideas’. A lot of this information is already out there. However, if you are not an info junkie like me who goes down research rabbit holes every time they have a new passion you probably won’t come across all the info I share at one time.
With that said, there are also A LOT of things I don’t know or can’t do.
- I am almost 30 years old and I have no clue how to pick or evaluate a retirement plan.
- I have no idea what my insurance actually covers.
- I have zero photography skills.
- I have no musical talents, can’t even read sheet music.
- I can’t keep houseplants alive, I have even been referred to in the past as ‘plant hospice’.
- I have no idea how to do my taxes.
- I will probably be exiled as a female millennial for this, but I do not have a nightly skincare routine (apparently, this is something I am supposed to take VERY seriously).
The list goes on and on, but you get the idea.
With that said I am so excited to share a new segment on Dile It Up – I’m No Expert.
In this segment, I will find people who are actually experts and share what I learn on things that we as adults should probably know/understand/have figured out. I am pumped to introduce you to some awesome people who have (or are) mastering their craft and shine a light on the unknown areas of adulting!
This is where you come in!
- What do you want to know more about that you would like me to find an expert on?
- What are you an expert in that you think people would be interested in understanding better?
I also want to take this opportunity to open the doors of Dile It Up to anyone who may want to dip their toe into the world of blogging! My hope and intention is that contributions through this blog can inspire or help others achieve their goals the way other blogs have helped me achieve mine. If you have something you think could help other people better their lives, but aren’t ready to commit to a blog of your own I would love for you to be a contributor! Please submit your posts to the email address mentioned above for consideration!
The blogging world is BIG & there is room for everyone (and their expertise). I want to squash the stigma around competition and switch the focus to community & collaboration, I hope you will join me!